“Our involvement with KidsXpress is not just a practice that we put in place for our kids, but a research based system that we put in place for our teachers”

School Principal, NSW Public Primary School


Students cannot succeed at school if socio-emotional issues distract them in class and teachers cannot teach effectively if students are disruptive. Our School Partnership Program combines our Expressive Therapy and Trauma-Informed Education Services to provide a holistic program that helps create positive and nurturing school environments where students and staff thrive. Based onsite, at the school, over several full-days in a multi-year commitment, this program is comprised of the following services.

Student Support

Using the therapeutic benefit of music, art, drama and play, a team of two Expressive Therapists support children in weekly sessions in the following settings:

  • Individual Therapy
  • Group Therapy
  • Combined Child/Caregiver Therapy

Teacher Support

Delivered by our specialised trauma-informed consultant, this support includes:

  • One-on-one teacher support
  • Classroom observation and support
  • Parent/Carer Workshops
  • Whole Staff Training
  • School Wellbeing Support Team Assistance

Cost

Schools are required to pay 5% of the total fee (approximately $2,500 per term). Our generous charity partners fund the remaining 95%. Participating schools are required to undertake our NESA accredited Foundation Training Course. The fee for this foundation course is approximately $1,800.  More information on this course can be found here.

 

Partnering with us

If you think your school can benefit from this program, please contact us to submit an EOI. You will need to demonstrate:

  • Strong leadership support for the program
  • Broad staff willingness to embrace a trauma-informed approach
  • A capacity to implement a whole school socio-emotional learning program
  • The availability of an appropriate and consistent therapy space

For more details or to submit an EOI, please email us at info@kidsxpress.org.au or call (02) 9380 9220