This training helped me to remember why I became a teacher.Lynn, Classroom Teacher.
Using trauma-informed practice to create safe learning environments
Children who have experienced trauma or toxic stress have little space left in their ‘learning brain’ for school.
Often the result of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) – including abuse, neglect and grief – a trauma-impacted child can be in a constant state of tension or arousal leaving them unable to concentrate or retain information.
Our workshops are focused on supporting educators and child welfare professionals that aim to help participants better recognise and respond to a child who has experienced adversity.Enquire Now
Tailoring a workshop
Workshops can be tailored but not limited to the following audiences:
- Health Professionals
- Emergency Services Professionals
- Early Childhood Education
- Other Community Groups
Contact us if you’d like to discuss a tailored workshop or training session for your school or organisation.Request Tailored Workshop
Tailored trauma-informed consultancy
Trauma-informed consultancy can be tailored and can include:
- One-on-one educator mentoring and support for staff
- Whole class support including classroom observations of child/ren
- Development of tailored Emotion Support Plans
- Role modelling of trauma-sensitive language, emotion identification, co-regulation strategies and much more
- Staff reflective Practice and Staff wellbeing sessions
“Your amazing knowledge and insight has helped us to strengthen our connection with out students and our community. Your experience, advice and support has been outstanding and is very much needed in schools.”
– Sharon Saunders, Narwee Public School Principal
“You are amazing. I learn something new every time we speak, and I have been teaching for over 30 years.”
– Michelle O’Dowd, Drummoyne Public School Assistant Principal
Contact us if you’d like to discuss our tailored trauma-informed consultancy.Enquire Now